Do you have a strong fashion sense and a passion to help others feel great in their clothes?
SewRob offers a unique opportunity for someone that loves fashion and working with people.
The uniqueness involves a wide spectrum of fashion exposure. From our in-house boutique, to constantly changing client merchandise, there is always something new and exciting to experience at SewRob.
We are a local design studio with a passionate, creative, hard-working, and dedicated group of individuals that are determined to rejuvenating the craft of sewing and making people feel good in their clothes.
The successful exposure of our tailoring operation, which started strictly by word-of-mouth testimonials,
has allowed us to branch into the retail side of fashion. The retail division allows us to bring in exclusive designers and one-of-a-kind pieces to the Main Line, from all over the world.
Our clients come from far and wide to take advantage of our wide range of services and are delighted to also see merchandise that can enhance their everyday lives. From a day at the office, to a night out on the town, our styles do not disappoint. The garments’ care and functionality are extremely important and have been carefully considered during our buying process.
We are seeking an outgoing and dynamic individual with exceptional customer service skills.
The ideal candidate will have merchandising experience as well as a strong desire to gain the technical and practical knowledge to launch a career with SewRob and have the passion to support it.
Aside from working to achieve individual sales, the overall growth of, and within, the boutique are the main objectives.
A merchandiser is needed in the managing, handling, processing, displaying, and generating sales with the merchandise that fills the sales floor along with client’s merchandise that requires servicing. Part of the merchandiser duties will also include the day-to-day interactions with clients in the boutique, as well as the face-to-face and telecom interactions with clients for the service side.
Within the boutique’s down time, and our service departments peak seasons, you will be asked to perform other duties outside of a normal retail setting that gives this position another unique attribute.
Every employee of SewRob must have a general knowledge of how each department of SewRob works and will be asked to assist in skilled areas. Because you will be on the sales floor, you will have to be readily equipped to answer customer and client questions or be able to find and provide answers from more senior staff.
Because of the nature of this small business, in our day to day production environment, you will be asked to perform some tasks that are outside of your specialized focus. The tasks are to be learned, completed, retained, and taught to new hires. Our peak season volume, highly detailed work, and demanding clientele will force you to multi task at a very high level. However, focus on goals within your specialty must not be overlooked and a clear plan for accomplishment must be made, and communicated to management.
– Attract and retain clients by consistently providing excellent customer service
– Develop a strong professional network
– Build a personal client database
-Initiates return business by contacting customers for new merchandise and special events, through multiple forms of communication and social media accounts
-Adheres to Store policies for procedures, returns, paperwork, and upholding standards
– Assisting customers with finding merchandise and/or processing merchandise they are bringing in for service
– Proven ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
– Handling all facets of sales transactions including the operation of cash registers
– Support all programs and initiatives to enhance the customer experience, increase customer loyalty, and impact sales
– Knowledgeable about all services and products
– Presents a professional, positive image that represents SewRob
– Operate the store consistently with the aligned company policies and procedures
– Safeguard the assets of the store
– Merchandise modeling will be required accompanying a generous discount
– Attention to detail: Retail is Detail
– Manage and maintain retail floor in the clear, organized, and effective manner ensuring retail is always staged for maximum buyer impact
– Use the systems to perform the following tasks: routine register transactions, routine inventory receiving and transfers, and opening and closing of the registers and stores
– Provide and execute merchandising ideas, involving floor displays, store fixtures, advertising, promotions etc.
– Placing marketing materials and assembling fixtures to accommodate visual plans
– Move existing merchandise and replace with new merchandise on designated fixtures based on a set schedule
– Placing purchase orders, tracking shipments, checking orders, tracking sales, and creating sales reports
– Acts as the liaison between the vendor and the buyer
– Works closely with the buyer to ensure that the overall mix of merchandise and products support the maximum buying impact
– Communicate product knowledge to all stores and associating employees
– Ensuring that product meets our standards, and if the quality is not met, making the necessary corrective actions with the vendor
– Manage inventory levels for both the retail, service and office supplies
– Perform yearly comprehensive physical inventory
– Create budgets per vendor, per season
– Develop markdown strategies, including promotional strategies
– Inventorying and storing of previous seasons merchandise
– Maintain the integrity of the inventory
– Data entry and maintaining product information in the merchandise systems
– Development and launch of online sales pages
– Photographing retail and service merchandise to showcase and market our products and capabilities. Photographs will be included in social media accounts for promotional purposes and in development of online sales
– Manage social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Google. Some minor web editing will be required based on proficiency
– Making decisions on new styles and providing suggestions which may improve sales
– Provide ideas to grow and improve the business
– Create schedule for stores floor set days to complete merchandise moves and displays
-Oversee and evaluate the productivity of the Merchandise Assistant
– Follow up on client phone calls and emails
– Organizing schedules for service client’s appointments for multiple locations
– Contribute to the success of all involved Departments
– Must be a proficient typist for retail department data entry and for the service side to generate invoices with the fitter/pinner via voice dictation
– Fitting capabilities at the basic level. Marking a hem to be able to close the sale for retail merchandise.
– Participate in meetings, trainings, and reporting
-Given the seasonality of the business, this position may require flexible, additional working hours during peak periods
– Some travel between locations will be required for transport of merchandise. Company vehicle may be provided for daily travel between store locations only.
Full time is preferable, 35-40 hours per week. Part time, with the expectation of becoming full time, will be considered. The store hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, and Saturday 9:00am to 4:00pm. Some Saturdays may be required.
Submit your resume and cover letter with interest.